Thursday, May 12, 2016

7- Eat Lunch Outside

We took a rain check on this activity.  It wasn't actually raining, but it wasn't warm or sunny.  Plus the wind made everyone want to stay inside.  So it was unanimously decided to skip it today with the hopes that next week will have better "eating outside" weather.

I woke up feeling a lot better.  A good night's sleep will do that for a person! Still have a cough and some chest congestion, but overall I have way more energy than I've had all week.

Can you believe next week is the last week of school??? Track and Field Day is tomorrow.  The weather sounds iffy, but I'm skipping so I can see Ivy graduate.  Mr. and Mrs. E are also skipping so they can make it out to Michigan for their youngest son's graduation tomorrow.  If track and field were cancelled, we are supposed to have school.  But with three teachers gone, it is impossible to find subs for all of us.  Mr. E called the school board about our options and they said in the event that it does rain, 1-4th grade will have school and 5-7th will not.  Not exactly fair, but there really isn't another option.

I'm just gonna pray for good weather... I know at least one teacher who will not be happy to be stuck in school teaching the wild children, which is only made worse by the fact that Mr. and Mrs. E and I get to be gallivanting around and don't even have to plan for subs.  I mentioned my concern to Mr. E and he said the teacher will have to suck it up; the school board said the rest of the grades have to have school.  And if we didn't have graduations to go to, we'd have to come in and teach too.  So lets all pray for good weather so hard feelings can be avoided!

Tomorrow's activity: recess all day (so I suppose even if T & F were cancelled, we could still have recess all day... might get a little boring... but we could do it!)

Monday's activity: use a beanbag all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment