Monday, May 2, 2016

15- Make a Mother's Day Present

Today's prize was fun (I thought).  I bought some terracotta pots and a few pansy flowers from Walmart and basically turned the kids loose.  Miss W helped me brainstorm Mother's Day present ideas, and she found a bunch of methods of painting pots that my kids could try.  The most popular method was the drip method.  Basically, take whatever paint you have and drizzle it over the upside down pot so it drips/splatters.  Four colors looks the best.  It looked really cool! Some of the boys didn't stop there; they smeared the colors together with their fingers to give it a swirly look.  Now to let them dry.  We'll probably pot the flowers later this week so they'll be ready for Mother's Day Sunday.

Musical practice at church went well too! Sunday after church we set up the set; it looks really good! A certain farmer friend of mine came up for church and helped haul risers and heavy wood and let us use his truck to haul things over from school. Isn't he the best?

Well, I suppose I should go home now... we had a staff meeting after school, then some of the other teachers were feeling a bit chatty, plus I had a big to-do list tonight... so it's another late night at school for Emily.  But I think I have the big stuff done; the rest can wait until tomorrow (or until I get home).  One of the school board members stopped by after their meeting to drop off a "teacher appreciation week" surprise.  I wasn't supposed to be here this late she said!  It was a big orange basket with a label "orange you glad it's (almost) summer?" and all sorts of orange things inside.  What a fun treat!

Tomorrow's balloon activity- drink Gatorade/juice all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment