Tuesday, May 10, 2016

9- Break Pinatas

The 7th graders left on their class trip this morning, so there was a frantic rush to get all their late assignments turned in to me.  A few had lost their worksheets and wanted me to print new ones.  My policy is- you get one; don't lose it.  One boy had the bright idea to offer me compensation, "I'll feed Joe!" Works for me!  Another boy cleaned off one of the white boards in exchange.  Not a bad trade!

We had a speaker from the Farm Bureau visit today to talk about farmers producing pizza (or at least, ingredients to make pizza).  Did you know that each day, Americans eat 110 football fields of pizza? That's a lot! The speakers also gave us string cheese.

This afternoon was a bit misty, but we were still able to go outside to break our pinatas.  Instead of doing it by the soccer goals, we slung the string over the swings on the playground.  The kindergartners were outside too, so they watched (and even helped) us break them.

I'm feeling mostly better-ish.  I've been coughing on and off all day and it feels like I have gunk in my chest.  Gotta stop for more cough medicine tonight.  Other than that, I'm doing all right.  Tonight is the first night of sand volleyball, but I'm skipping since it's misty and I don't want to get worse.  I'll probably plop myself on my couch and relax instead!

Tomorrow's balloon activity: Visit Miss Heintz's Farm!  Everyone is very concerned that we won't be able to play bale tag.  They want to play even in the rain, but I said I'd have to check with Dad about that.  Safety first and all.  So we've been praying for a dry spell so we can see the farm without getting soaked.  But just in case, we added umbrellas to tomorrow's packing list!

No comments:

Post a Comment