Tuesday, November 14, 2017

CPR

We had CPR training after school from 3:30-5:30. It was good, especially after yesterday's strange non-fainting situation, but it really sucked the afternoon away. I'm wiped out and am ready for a break...

My computer is being frustrating... the Bible school teacher asked if I'd be able to make a bunch of cds of the Christmas program music for the Bible school families to take home so they can listen/memorize the music better. I made 9 out of 20 when my iTunes froze up and now I can't get it to open again. I guess I should give up and go home and do the rest tomorrow.

Before I do, one quick story from today. One of the 6th graders is starting trombone lessons this Friday. He got his instrument last week (renting it from the public school) and wanted to show us, so he brought it to school today. It was cute; right away when he got to school he let me know it was here. Then before we went to lunch, he set the case on his desk, carefully opened it (making a big production out of it) and put the horn together. Of course everyone wanted to hear him play it, but it was so nervous with everyone watching he couldn't make a sound! He made everyone close their eyes or look away... even me! He did play it for us, which made most of his classmates laugh at the crazy sound.

At afternoon recess he put it together again and brought it outside, playing it when he could. He even found a way to get it involved in a game... he used it as the starting noise for a race between classmates.  So creative!

Everyone wanted to see how he got the spit out of the trombone. They also wanted him to play the song from this video (a class favorite). By the end of recess, he actually got it pretty close! The rhythms anyway. It made me miss band again. I want an instrument to play! I was this close to asking him if I could play it, but then I thought back to my band days and how grossed out I was when my band teacher played my instrument, so I thought maybe I better not.

This student promised to bring his instrument back and play us an actual song once he actually takes some lessons!


No comments:

Post a Comment