Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Family Write Night

Yesterday got so busy I forgot to post!

Right after school, my kiddos and I rearranged the classroom to make stations for Write Night. We set out games and prompts and candy. We had 45 people show up and all 10 pizzas were eaten. No leftovers! Everyone had plenty. There were only 10 pieces of candy left by the end of the night too. Good timing!

The new student's first day (yesterday) went well too. She was pretty shy and didn't say a whole lot, go figure. She seemed overwhelmed by the new schedule, but perked up quite a bit today. She raised her hand a lot more and was a bit more chatty.

I shared Guatemala pictures with the 7/8th graders and the 5/6th graders. It was so hard to keep it down to a half an hour. I could've talked at least an hour. But we had bells and Christmas program practice to get to, so I had to keep it short.

Well, I think I have everything wrapped up at school. We have the rest of the week off for Thanksgiving. I don't have a ton of papers to correct or too many lessons to plan. My NaNo words have been sadly lacking, so that's my big project for the weekend. I'm 8,000 words behind... yikes! Hopefully I can buckle down and write like my pencil's on fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment