Wednesday, November 8, 2017

PTL

The PTL meeting just got over. Well, the main part ended at 7:30, but there was an 'open forum' to discuss the pork chop dinner and silent auction. Some people complained. Some people were near tears (or close to tears). Overall it was fairly civil, though I'm not sure that we solved any problems or issues. Other than that the meeting went well.

Since the meeting didn't start until six, I had time to spare after school. I cataloged the box of books that's been waiting patiently beside my desks for three weeks. They were books I got at library book sales. I was a little disappointed so many of the books were repeats, books I already have a copy of. But most of them ILS doesn't own a copy, so I'll just donate them to the school. I added some 'Miss H' reviews to the fronts of books I really love. Many of them are books I read when I was in grade school, so the covers aren't super appealing to the modern-day 5th/6th grader. Maybe the review will persuade some students to read those books!

The 7th and 8th graders had a test today in ancient history. It was on Africa and it was a hard test so I let them use their notes on it. It was still hard for them (some of the things Mrs. L hadn't covered very in-depth while I was gone), so I let them have open book too. Overall, I think they did pretty well. Hopefully these next units will be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment