Monday, December 17, 2018

Bummer

I am super bummed right now... Earlier today the 7th and 8th graders asked me what day we come back from Christmas break and I said we have school the Thursday after New Years. Except one kid thought we came back on Wednesday. It turns out he was right. :/ Christmas break is one day shorter than I thought it was... Man!!! Now we only get a week off for Christmas break.

Speaking of Christmas... program practice went well today. We had our first full run-through at church this afternoon and it took about 45 minutes. Now we enter Miss H crazy mode: all the thoughts buzzing around my head of where people should go, when they should move, how they should move, and every day new thoughts spring to mind as we go. Thankfully the kids usually like my ideas, so they don't mind changing things around.

A kind of funny (but also shocking) thing happened during Daily 5. A 5th grader is reading a graphic novel called Akissi which is named after the main character, a little girl who grows up in Africa. The boys have been having a hoot with the name of the book saying, "Give me Akissi... You want Akissi? Okay! Ha, ha, ha." The boy who's reading it left it somewhere in the classroom, so I had it on my desk and he grabbed it saying to his classmates, "Miss H just gave me Akissi!" Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment