Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Outside

We finally went outside for afternoon recess. Most of my kiddos remembered to bring snow gear, and they spent recess tumbling down the big snow pile near the school. Some used sleds, some used their bodies... Three boys got on a sled together and coasted down the hill singing the theme to the popular kids show "Little Einsteins".

We're getting to the end of our latest read-aloud book... only two chapters left! I have a feeling we'll finish it tomorrow. They made a deal with me to read extra today since the chapter ended on a cliff hanger. It worked out all right; they worked on their MN history projects (a town plot) while I read, which is not something they have time to work on during a typical day.

Tonight I'm headed over to Pastor's house for the teacher cookie-baking night they host every year. I mixed up a batch of chocolate mint flats last night and they're ready to be baked tonight. They have Andes mints on top, so I'd bought a package at the store, but then I reread the recipe and realized I need three packages. Oops. We'll just cut them small. I have some mint Dove chocolates I brought along too; I think they'll also work. It should be a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment