Thursday, December 6, 2018

Trips

The 7th and 8th graders presented their Europe trips today. I was actually pretty impressed, seeing as most of them were nowhere close to being finished yesterday... They had found some decent things to do at their locations! Trip locations: Rome, Italy; Reykjavik, Iceland; Tromsø, Norway; Paris, France. Tomorrow we have two more presenters. 

I set a budget of 3,000 per person (not including airfare). The most expensive flight was a $15,000 first class flight to Rome, Italy on the United Arab Emirates airline. Wow. I can't believe anyone would pay that much money for a flight. 

We might need to make a new requirement about cars... Most of them rented cars for the trip to 'make it easier and faster to get to places.' I've tried to get them to use public transportation, but they're very skeptical of it. Or else they'd rather drive cool cars. So next time we'll have a rule that if you are going to drive, you need to look up rules of the road such as speed limit, which side of the road they drive on, how crazy their traffic is, etc. I suppose I could set the budget for the trip lower too. Our next continent is the Middle East. I'll have to do some research to find out average costs of things to make it a realistic limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment