Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Kraken

My kids were on a token spending spree this morning. Three girls bought mystery animals. Each mystery animal costs 20 tokens plus one food token. One ended up with a giant sloth (worth 100 tokens), another ended up with a unicorn (250 tokens), and a third ended up with a kraken (also 250 tokens). The first two were totally random, but the last one, I think one of the other girls figured out my secret...

They kept telling me 'we know Miss H!' I played it coy, but they had... I had the list of animals in a document, changed the bullet points to numbers, and let my students choose a number. Whatever animal it was, that's what they got.

Now, I've updated it. I have some of the animals listed more than once (the cheaper ones) and I pasted the list into a random list generator, so now they're really mixed up. I can keep pasting the list into the random generator so the numbers aren't ever the same twice (unless it happens randomly). Ha! Take that, sneaky smart 6th graders!

No comments:

Post a Comment