Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Light a Fire

I think midterm grades are finally lighting a fire under the 7th graders. Most names are off the board! Finally!

Program practice went decently today. It's going to be a longer program, probably around an hour. We usually try to keep it about 45 minutes or so. The speaking parts are probably about that length, but we have a scattering of congregation hymns and special music, so that adds to the time.

I kept flitting about, telling the 3-4th graders where to go and how to act during their parts. They're our 'costume' people of the program: shepherds, angels, wise men. I'm not sold on how I have them moving... we'll see what bright ideas come to me overnight.

I have three kids not participating in the program. Two are brothers and have trouble sitting still during practice while everyone else is up front. Today, since practice is at the end of the day, their mom picked them up early so they wouldn't have to sit. That worked great! The other one is a girl who loves to read, so she brought her book and read the entire time. I kind of wish I could be her...

I corrected my few papers this morning over breakfast and had enough time to read a short book before I went to school. It was a graphic novel I wanted to preview before handing it over to my kids. I haven't read a physical book in a while; I've mostly been listening to audiobooks so I can do other things while I 'read'. I listened to one this weekend while I set up my tree, baked cookies, and wrapped presents. I finished listening to that book last night (cliff hanger ending!!!) so I'll hopefully be able to read a paper book tonight after doing my other tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment