Thursday, December 12, 2019

Adjectives

Yesterday I had my kids write at least five positive adjectives describing each person in our classroom. I'm going to turn it into a Word Cloud, stick each person's in a picture frame, and give it to them for Christmas. It's going to be awesome. The kids with older siblings have forgotten about it (or at least they haven't brought it up) and so far no one suspects a thing!

It's interesting to hear what words they think of when they picture their classmates. A lot of the adjectives are words I've heard those students say 'I'm not..." [smart, athletic, funny, etc.]. I can't wait to see their faces when they see them!

It's also interesting to see which kids know/get along with each other the best. Or worst as the case may be. One boy gave all the girls the same adjectives: nice smart unique friendly fun. At the bottom of the page he wrote, "I do not know the girls that much."

I told them it was optional to pick words describing me, but a few did anyway. I'm still waiting to get some of the papers back (they're due tomorrow), but it sure was a pick-me-up to read their words for me, especially with all the behavior issues I've had to deal with this year: neat, nice, bright, caring, creative, funny, good, loyal, kind, sharing, creative, generous, friendly, encouraging, smart, neat, adventurous, honest, helpful, selfless, warmhearted, educated, loving, polite, understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment