Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Sick

Nope, not me. Not my students. It was Mr. W.

I found out at 12:10 that he was too sick to come to school today. He was supposed to teach at 12:30. He called the school when he hadn't gotten a response to the email he'd sent me at 10am this morning. I hardly ever have time to check my email during the day, especially now that I don't have a projector remote to freeze the board when the projector is on. Still, it went okay.

Mr. W had sent me the 7-8th grade ancient history lesson Sunday afternoon and I'd looked over it on Monday. He hadn't made any of the changes I'd wanted him to, but I knew enough about his lesson that we could do the gist of it. It was pretty short, so I finished up our science powerpoint with the rest of class time and it worked out okay. I hope he's feeling better enough to send me his lesson plan for Thursday (a review game and test).

Sunday after I got back home I put up my Christmas tree and some other decorations. I bought a light timer planning to use it with my plants, but I really love seeing my tree lights through the window when I walk up after coming home, so I have my tree lights plugged into it now. I have the timer set so it turns on shortly after I wake up, shuts off right before I need to leave for school (to help me get out of the house on time), turns on between 5-5:30 (to encourage me to leave school on time), and turns off again right around bedtime. It will hopefully be a good visual cue!

I got a second timer to use at school with the greenhouse. This one is set to turn off close to 5pm (again, to remind me to go home!). The lack of light from that corner of the room is definitely noticeable!

We had more heater trouble today. It was cold and using electric heat when I got to school this morning. Our room eventually heated up, it even got a little too hot this afternoon and I turned it down, but now I should probably turn it back up to keep the temperature steady overnight. It's just going to get a little hot in here in the meantime. Another reason for me to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment