Monday, December 9, 2019

Christmas

Yesterday my youth group coleader and I took three kids to Christmas at Bethany. Of course the best is when you are actually in it and singing/playing, but it was good to be an audience member. My favorite parts are still the opening and closing songs. I was in band when Professor Lo first arranged those songs. Each day he'd come in with new music, telling us to get rid of the old one, it wasn't good anymore! It was so frustrating because it seemed like we'd never learn to play the new music with such short time before the concert, but it came together. And it's been played every year since!

After the concert we drove through the Kwanis Holiday Lights and went out to eat. It was a long day. Then I went home and did my lesson plans until bedtime.

Today's drive to school wasn't super fun. The road to school hadn't been plowed so I drove through little drifts most of the way. The wind has thankfully died down, and so has the temperature. The heating guys worked on my heater for a good chunk of the day. They had to melt off the frost that's been building up on the outside unit. It turns out a bunch of the information I'd been told about the heaters is not true... the remotes are not the thermostats; the thermostat is on top of each unit. Because it's on top of the unit, the electric heat that's above them messes with their thermometer so the new heat units think the room is warmer than it is. The guys shut off one side of the electric heat so that shouldn't be an issue any more. They're going to check back in a few days to see if frost is still building up on the outside fan. If it is, they'll build a windbreak or get a cover for it.

My kids were not great today. One kid basically ignored me most of the day. We only read aloud for five minutes because they were just too squirrely. I blame it on the weather and that it's a Monday. Praying tomorrow goes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment