Thursday, December 19, 2019

One Day Left!

I am so glad we only have one day of school left... my kids got the wandering virus and couldn't stay in their seats all day. I'm really glad we have program practice in the afternoon. I have no clue how I would be able to teach them anything with their constant restlessness.

The other day I left a note in one of the 2nd grade students' desks complimenting him on his awesome smile during singing/practice. He wrote me a note back that said, "Thanks Miss H! This is how small my pencil is." and then he had a tiny box drawn next to it. So cute!

We exchanged teacher gifts after school today. I had Pastor, who's gift request initials were CD. I gave him some Christmas decorations and chocolate drinks (cocoa). There was a mixup with names. Two people thought they had Mr. D (initials CC), so one teacher was the odd man out who didn't have a gift... and it happened to be me. The piano teacher had made Christmas cookies as her gift for Mr. D, so she just gave them to me instead. She had also gotten him coca-cola, candy canes, and a Christmas cartoon tie. He got the tie and she gave me the other things. Kind of a bummer, but such is life. My initials were SM, something minty.

No comments:

Post a Comment