Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Nativity

Today was a much better day than Monday and Tuesday. I actually had a (mostly) fun day being a teacher!

This morning I saw the 7-8th graders art project parent Christmas present and I suddenly remembered that I should do something with my class too. Oops. Better think about that. At lunchtime I asked my kids what they thought we should do for parent presents and one 6th grade boy said we should make nativity scenes. What a great idea!

It's a good thing I have a ton of art supplies in the closet... We had a bunch of non-movable clothespins and a few pinecones left to use as the people bodies (or stable building supplies as it turns out). I have a ton of beads and wooden things and buttons. The kids and I were so excited about it, I decided we should build on that excitement and just start art today. We skipped social studies. Such is life. They had a great time figuring out the best way to build a stable. Not many of them have worked on their nativity figures yet. The boys asked if they could work on their project during their basketball study hall after school. I cleaned out the closet while they did and we both made major progress on our tasks. They look so good! I'll have to take a picture.They surpassed all my expectations so far and I'm expecting them to get passed even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment