Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Birthday

It was a pretty good day as far as birthdays go. My kids were a little argumentative, but that's kind of this group, always wheeling and dealing. Yesterday they convinced me I should bring birthday treats, specifically something from one of the read-aloud books we just finished. "Something that Gladys would make, something from Classy Cakes or something!" was their specific idea. I couldn't remember any specific recipes, but one kid suggested the rhubarb blueberry crumble. I didn't have blueberries, but I do have rhubarb in my freezer and a super easy rhubarb crisp recipe. So I prepped everything last night and popped it in the oven this morning so it would still be warm at snack time. By the time we got back from chapel, the rhubarb crisp was slightly warm, so it wasn't at its peak, but it was still tasty. My kids all liked it! 

Mr. and Mrs. E gave me flowers and a birthday balloon and the 7-8th graders made a card that everyone in school signed. An 8th grader gave me a card and some fancy soap (it's in the shape of a cross and I have a feeling it might be a leftover confirmation present, but it smells nice and is pretty, so I don't mind if it's a second-hand present). 

The kindergartners sang to me as we crossed paths on our way back/to chapel, and the 7-8th graders sang Happy Birthday as I left chapel with my class... they forgot to sing during chapel, which I am totally fine with. To wrap up my birthday celebration, I'm having supper with my two best college friends and saving all my paper correcting for tomorrow morning. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment