Friday, April 16, 2021

Whirlwind

Another whirlwind day. All half day Fridays are a bit crazy trying to get our normal Friday stuff finished. Today the kids were wound up too... 

We have two homeschooled girls who tune in for Religion class with us on Fridays. They're planning to come back to our school next year, and I finally thought to see if their Teams accounts were set up. They were! So the girls were able to log in the way my regular students do which made joining our class virtually a whole lot easier. Their daycare lady emailed me and said it worked so well today, so I offered that if they want to tune in for religion more days, we definitely could. It's not hard for us to do. We'll see what she says.

I had a lot of kids cramming their work at the last minute. Hardly anyone turned in handwriting or said memory work prior to today. They also had an invention report due (although most of them turned it in yesterday). 

Next week we're shuffling our schedule around again, the last time before the end of the year, hopefully. We're going out to recess from 12:05-12:25, (pretty much like precovid), and now the students get to change classrooms instead of us teachers! Both Mr. E and I are excited about that. We like our own classrooms. The kids are excited too and are looking forward to seeing different walls for at least part of the day. After school I gathered up all the things I've accumulated in his room and brought them back to mine. Time to adjust to a 'new' normal once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment