Monday, September 20, 2021

Bake Sale

Singing and ringing went all right on Sunday. One kid lost his place and didn't play for most of the song and two had their bells in the wrong hands, so it sounded a little weird, but most people couldn't tell. You could at least hear the melody. 

The bake sale and snacks went much better. We raised over $200 for our class trip to Camp Omega! That's over halfway to our goal and we still have some snacks leftover. I put them in the freezer for us to either serve at a home soccer/volleyball game, or save for the next bake sale in a few weeks.

School was fine today. My neck is out of whack and I've had to spend a lot of time on the computer, so I've fought off a headache all day. Blech. On a positive note, one of my students brought me a white orchid. So sweet. I put it close to my desk so I can see it often. 

House update: floor joists are going in! I swung by on Friday after school and they had the basement walls up and half the floor joists in. Today rained on and off, so I'm guessing they didn't make any progress. 

Cirque Italia Friday night was fun. It was geared towards families with kids, so sometimes the in-between acts were cheesy, but I enjoyed the artists. The coolest act by far was the contortionist who shot a balloon via bow and arrow with her toes over her back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment