Friday, September 24, 2021

Fantastic Friday

Mrs. L gave me a secret note today... and it was really good. She showed me the back of her fist that said, "Tap". So I tapped. She flipped her hand up to show me her knuckles, which said "open". And inside her fist was the note, written in a code. Before she left the classroom I figured it out and I will admit I screamed. And screamed again because it was such good news. One of my 6th graders was in the room when I got the note and she thought she figured it out. It drove her nuts that I wouldn't tell her. 

My neck is still not 100%, but it feels the best it's felt all week. My mood is by far improved. I've had much more pep in my step today and feel somewhat normal. This has definitely given me a lot more sympathy/empathy for people with chronic pain.

My class was on fire with predictions and inferences today. So many times they guessed and guessed right! Four of the seven aced their memory work, all handed in handwriting before lunch. The 7-8th graders had a good day too, very productive. 

I'm antsy to leave school today because I'm going to visit my sister/brother-in-law/human baby (as my students like to call him/her...or giraffe baby... don't ask). That's been my high of the day for quite a few days this week. Today it was even one of the 6th grader's highs! And a few kids' lows were that I won't be here to watch the after school soccer game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment