Wednesday, September 8, 2021

House Update

School was pretty typical today. The 5-6th graders had a great time planting their seeds (some of them germinated, others haven't but the kids didn't care and planted them anyway) and building their paper towers for STEM. The 3-5th graders had their first day of tone chimes and loved it (so did Mrs. L). 

After school I tackled my gigantic pile of papers and books. Now, my desk is mostly picked up and there are only two piles of books instead of three super tall towers. All in all, a successful day.

Today, Habitat is supposed to break ground on my house! After months of no word about the status, I thought they'd never start it. But the Gopher State people marked lines on Wednesday, and the dirt workers were scheduled to start today. I haven't driven past yet, but that's what Habitat told me. There will be an official 'groundbreaking ceremony' with me/my family/Pastor in a few weeks. Normally they do that the day they start, but no one wanted to hold up my house any more. Woohoo! Progress! Let's pray for a dry fall so they can get a lot done before the snow flies...

No comments:

Post a Comment