Friday, September 10, 2021

Magic Scrap

 Holy cow, I had no idea how crazy my class would get at the end of the day when I said the words, "Let's... do magic scrap."

It's a game I learned from Mrs. L to clean up the scraps of paper on the floor. Everyone picks up schniblets and whoever picks up the one you decided ahead of time (keeping it a secret in your head) gets a prize, in my case, a token. The trick is, everyone keeps picking up scraps until the floor is clean and then you announce the winner. 

I've never seen my floor get picked up so fast. As soon as the words left my mouth, immediate frantic scurrying. We might need to make that game a weekly occurrence...

Even though it wasn't a normal bell day, the 6-8th graders practiced. It went much better and we could all hear the melody most of the time. I decided to scrap the hard song and only focus on the easy one. 

Our first Friday of Reading Buddies was today. It was a hit with both the 1-2nd graders and my class. The littles go to recess right afterwards, and as they got in line to leave, I heard some of them say, "That was the best thing ever! It was so fun! Do we get to do this again?" Woohoo! Some years, reading buddies hasn't gone over well, but this year's class loved it when they were in 1-2nd and I know they were looking forward to being the 'big kid' buddies. A positive attitude goes a long way! Plus this class generally likes to read, especially picture books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment