Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Clay

We used up the last of the clay today. Very messy desks, but very happy creative minds. Man, they had fun building with that stuff! I couldn't let them have all the fun, so I made something too: a tree paintbrush holder. 


Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons has taken the 5-8th graders by storm this past week. I overheard the 7-8th grade boys read (and sing) this book during study hall Monday. This morning a bunch of my kids read to someone and picked this book, including one boy who struggles with reading. I heard him reading with inflection, changing his reading speed/tone to fit the words, and then his partner joined in singing the song chorus that happens whenever Pete loses a button. Oh it made my teacher heart happy!

I forgot to post yesterday since I left school early for a walk/bible study. The big thing was the 5-6th graders presented their powerpoints on the big Native American tribes in the US. Overall they did really well! A few groups had uneven teamwork. One group had great teamwork making the powerpoint, but didn't share the presenting part as well. I forgot that I said I'd present the last tribe that didn't get covered. Oops! Guess I have to make a powerpoint after school!

No comments:

Post a Comment