Thursday, September 2, 2021

Emotional

Oh boy, today was full of emotions... mostly frustration. A student had to quarantine today because a family member had covid. I sent her supplies for the day home prior to school starting so she could tune in via Teams, but then found out her username and password didn't work even though the IT guys reset it yesterday. 

After calling and texting them, the IT guys told me a different password to try. Didn't work. Again, a long response time (meanwhile I'm trying to teach the rest of the class). IT guys finally got back to me with a temporary fix. Thankfully that worked. However, three of my seven students don't have computer access due to faulty passwords. Gah! Why can't everything just work!

My students were frustrated for other reasons. Two were in tears today: one couldn't find 1 John during religion class, the other didn't like the nicknames his classmates called him on the playground. 

Sigh. I'm ready for the weekend. Thankfully, this was our last day of school this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment