Thursday, October 7, 2021

Camp Omega Day 1

So far camp is off to a grand start. We've done a nature hike, fire and shelter building, team building, and had a fantastic lunch. And had nap/quiet time (at my students' request). After snack we'll build our pop bottle rockets!

My packing list said to leave electronics at home. A mom told me her sons were discussing this last night while packing. The 5th grader thought about sneaking it along, but decided not to even though his brother suggested ways to sneak screen time. "Put it in your toiletry bag and then you can play on it in the bathroom." But my 5th grader said, "No, I don't want to disappoint Miss H."

 I'm so glad our science unit has been on plants. We've spotted a ton of thigmatropism, noticed geotropism and veins in leaves, identified vascular and nonvascular plants... Collected pretty leaves for pressing in books. 

Team building was fun. We had a few different challenges to do. I needed to remind myself not to talk too much and let the kids figure things out. Our guide said my class worked so well together, we were operating on the same level as some high school groups he's worked with. Now, if only they'll be quiet and go to sleep at bedtime...I have a feeling I'll have a lot of chatty Cathy's on my hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment