Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Downpour

I thought we might escape the rain, but no. This morning was clear and sunny, but as we walked to chapel a bank of dark clouds hovered in the distance. An hour before lunch the skies broke and a torrent of rain whooshed around us. This is the first big rain my students have experienced in my room; it's loud! Especially in the entryway to my room (tin, not much insulation). So they enjoyed that. They loved seeing the parking lot flood and a river of water rushing down into the kickball field too. 

We ended our half day of school with reading buddies. My kiddos LOVE reading buddies. As per usual, they squirreled away books earlier in the week to share today. Sometimes I think 15min isn't long enough!

During reading buddies, I got my continuing education paperwork ready to turn in at our teacher's conference tomorrow. I usually see the committee lady there and then I don't have to mail my gigantic packet of papers. Last year I never turned any in, so I have 14 things to turn in for hours. Some of them are for one hour webinars, but a few are for 10-25 hour workshops. My license needs to be renewed this summer, so it's a good thing I have so many hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment