Friday, October 29, 2021

Fall Carnival

Today was such a fun day at school. My kiddos hosted the Fall Carnival and I think this year is the best year we've ever done it. The kids were laid back and confident, they had their booths set up and ran them well. They had not only candy as prizes, but stickers and some slinkys/fans/fake glasses/fingers to pass out. And, they made guessing jars. This one is "guess the calories." Answer: about 900. 

We had our book pumpkins on display:



(this 6th grader sewed her mouse herself)

The two 5th grade girls teamed up to make this book. In the gym they had them arranged so they looked like the book cover. 


(my new favorite book of the year)

Here's an update on my class jungle--I mean, plant experiments... We're hoping the succulents will be big enough for Christmas or Mother's Day presents.
My hydroponics boy ate his first pea pod this week! He could've let them grow longer, but he said they still tasted good. He also brought in the growlight in the bottom picture. He shares it with his classmates, switching it from shelf to shelf during and after school. There is so much teamwork and kindness in my classroom this year. I love it!







No comments:

Post a Comment