Friday, October 1, 2021

Good News Bad News

The good news is I corrected all my papers last night! The bad news is my kids gave me more to correct today... but at least there aren't too many to correct this weekend. 

Other bad news: our main janitor resigned. She drives here from Gibbon and it's too far to justify coming all this way. We have a part-time janitor, so we're not in completely dire straits. 

Other good news is that even though it's been rainy, they've still been working on my house! From the picture I saw today, fames are up on the main floor and it looks like the space around the basement has been filled in.

Bad news: My car has been running funny lately. Just little things here and there acting up. The place I get my maintenance done doesn't have loaner vehicles, so they came out to school and picked it up. Around lunch they called with an update that it needs a lot of fixing plus new tires. The strange thing is, the one thing I wanted them to fix, they forgot to look at! At my last oil change they said one of the wheels is sitting crooked and the tire is rubbing against the side of the car wearing out. They thought the metal itself was bent, so I made this appointment to get it checked out. I guess they forgot they were going to check that. After a reminder at lunch, they did check and, good news, the 'bent metal' is the design of the car. So they adjusted the angle of the wheel as best they can until I get new tires (or replace the tie rods...I can't remember what's going to fix it further). Overall, it's time to replace a lot of parts on my vehicle, which is going to be expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment