Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Banned Books

Our latest read-aloud book, Ban This Book by Alan Gratz, frequently mentions other books, many that we have in our library. Most of the books mentioned in the story are on the banned book list. The ones in my class library are not bad books, even though they've been challenged by others. From the Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler and How to Eat Fried Worms are two of those books. I loved both of those and said so to my students, so some wanted to read them. It prompted an upsurge in my students picking up 'old' books, ones whose covers are not so modern. It brings joy to my heart!

So this morning in some downtime, I pulled out more books from the banned book list in our read-aloud to set on display. Just in case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment