Friday, April 1, 2022

April Fools

Surprisingly, none of the 5-8th graders tried an April Fools joke today. The 3rd and 4th graders did, probably their teacher's idea since he tried to pull one on the rest of us teachers before school. He texted everyone to say a blizzard warning popped up for this afternoon, so we'd have to cancel the all-school outdoor recess/clean up day again (last week it was too windy). I saw it after everyone else responded, so it didn't fool me. 

The 3-4th graders showed up in my doorway before school claiming they couldn't come to musical practice this morning at 8:30. Yeah, they weren't even the teensiest bit convincing. The leader forgot what it was they came to tell me and looked at one of his buddies coming up behind him. Then they floundered for a reason why they couldn't come. 

"We can't come because..." 
I gave him my teacher eyebrow look, "Because it's April Fools Day?"
"No!!! Because... um... your shoe is untied! Ha! April Fools!" They scurried out of the room laughing, my kids staring after them in disbelief. Surprisingly, this didn't prompt them to do any jokes, but I'm okay with that.

Musical practice went awesome today. The songs we sang in the morning are really catchy and the scenes the 6-8th graders ran this afternoon went smoothly. My main actors are putting lots of inflection in their voices and doing great acting. I can't keep the smile off my face as they rehearse. Only one month until the performance! And just seven weeks of school left! ...that's not an April Fools... Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment