Thursday, April 7, 2022

Testing Testing

My 5-6th graders had a social studies test on the American government today. They did decent on it. The branches of government matching section tripped up some students. A surprising percentage of the class only got two wrong (four out of seven students). 

The big trouble was that I originally printed the wrong version of the test. They started reading the questions and complained, "Miss H, we didn't learn ANY of this." Normally a few kids complain about that, so it didn't faze me at first, but then they read the question to me and I didn't even remember the answer. I knew I had looked over the test recently and tweaked it, so I checked my lesson plan folder on the computer. Sure enough, there were two versions of the test, one that had been edited in 2022 and one edited in 2016. I had printed the old version. Oops. So they recycled the tests I had passed out and I reprinted them. Sigh. So much for me being ahead of the game.

House update: When I checked Tuesday this week, only one more window needed installing and the siding was almost all completed! That I could see anyway. It's been rainy/muddy, so I didn't check the back of the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment