Thursday, April 28, 2022

Elves and the Shoemaker

NaNos published and ordered? Check. Musical program made? Check. Balloon countdown to the end of the year? Check. Lessons planned/ready for next week? Check. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you stay up late. I'm paying the price today, but I feel waaaay more on top of things now. 

This afternoon was spent at the MLC spring children's play. This year was "The Elves and the Shoemaker." So well done. It is every year, but the actors really knocked it out of the park. My kids had a lot of connections to the story even though they'd never heard the story before! I wanted to read the original this morning, but they wanted to finish our read-aloud book and start the next, so they convinced me to read the story after seeing the play. We'll see if I remember on Monday. 

Tomorrow we go to Farmamerica for a Junior Achievement career day, the first ever. Also, it's my first time at Farmamerica. I hope the weather is good. It was cloudy and cool today. Now I'm even hearing thunder. Hopefully the rain holds off... I'm bringing a load of my stuff to my temporary summer home (until my house is finished). My garage items moved into my porch and it'd be nice to get them out of there so I can use the porch if I want. The apartment management wants to update their website with pictures of a staged apartment. The worker in charge of the project asked if she could take pictures of my apartment because she loves the way I have it decorated. Why not? I have a bunch of boxes shoved in my guest room, but I can make it presentable by the time they want to take the pictures. Plus they can pick up my garage door opener so I don't have to make a separate trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment