Monday, April 11, 2022

Pencil

I spent the last half of the day walking around with a pencil sticking out of my bun. Completely forgot it was there. We had musical practice in the gym to get used to acting in a bigger space. I needed to make notes in my script, found a pencil in the bleachers, then stuck it in my hair and promptly forgot about it. I only realized it was there when I swung by the bathroom after school and caught a glimpse in the mirror. Oops!

Musical songs are going great! They're so catchy, our kids know them pretty well already. I should find time to have them playing in the background while we work. Maybe in the morning before school...

This week is a short one before Easter break. Only two days total! Tomorrow is technically Friday! It's still my day to do after school care, and it sounds like it will be a full house. That's all right. I'd rather have more than less. 

The other exciting thing is the start of the detour route. Well, not exciting really, but a big change. Highway 14 (the road from Mankato to New Ulm) is officially closed from Nicollet to New Ulm until Fall 2023. Access to Courtland is pretty restricted. Thankfully, my path to school is still normal. My path to New Ulm, not so much. I might make a library run tonight to see how tricky it is. 

The New Ulm bus riders have to get picked up 10min early and leave school 10min early to accommodate for the detour. The roads were still open this morning, so all my kids were at school early. We did a good job getting kids out to the early bus on time. The Nicollet riders stayed in the classroom for an extra 10min working on stuff. This will be interesting the more days in we get. Everyone was extra vigilant today, but I know we'll probably be more lax the more days we have to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment