Monday, April 25, 2022

Musical

Musical songs are on a constant loop in my head. Any given moment if I actually focus on what's running through my mind: musical songs. Good thing they're really catchy and actually sound good. The musical is next Friday already! 

The 6-8th graders had their first practice at church today. I couldn't find the key to the sound system, so my poor sound guy (a 5th grader) had to turn the volume up as loud as the laptop would go and do the best he could. The kids with smaller parts gave me grief about not having chairs to sit on/having to sit on the floor while they waited for their parts. I don't want anything too permanent set-wise until after church this Sunday. So we created a bare bones set with tables and folding chairs. 

With all of those asides, we didn't make it too far into the script, but I'd say we still made good progress. We worked on the emotions of acting and what the on stage actors should be doing when they're not speaking. Just two more days of practice this week. Then next week we'll add the rest of the school to the mix. Oh boy! Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment