Wednesday, April 27, 2022

"Your Robot is So Cool!"

That's a quote from the spring musical. I'm really hoping I can make that statement a reality, but the costume world is working against me... First, there are not many robot costumes available for purchase. Second, a lot of the cool ones won't arrive before the musical. Then, the first costume I ordered was way too small and it was the last one so I couldn't order a bigger size. I found a replacement that wasn't as cool, but was still roboty and my actor could move in it. Except... the one they sent was completely the wrong size. The pictures said it was a size small adult; they sent a size small KID. Ugh. Thankfully I found the exact same costume in a bigger size from a different seller. AND it will arrive before the musical. Hopefully.

We had our last cast practice at church before the rest of the school joins us next week. Again, we didn't get through as much as I wanted, but the parts we did do went great. The robot practiced his part with the guitar my brother lent me. This kid plays his part very well. It involves an air guitar solo, followed by a lip sync rock song and fake guitar playing on a real guitar. His acting is great!

Now I need to order shirts for the chorus, make the musical program, set up the set (but not until after church Sunday), create the before-the-musical powerpoint/background, and coordinate root beer floats. And do all the normal school things. And publish my students' NaNos. And make sure field trip stuff is a go. Sigh. And take time to rest so I don't go crazy.

My high for today was the Prayer Partner Present tucked into my podium, aka Joe's class picture. So cute. Now I have a picture of him to go on my desk!



No comments:

Post a Comment