Jaron wanted a snack, and he had already had a large variety of snacks earlier in the day, so I was trying to come up with something he hadn't had yet. Rice crispies? Sure. He's older now and shouldn't make too much of a mess, right?
I scooped him a tiny cup of crispies and handed it to him in his tower. He did okay at first. He held the cup and slurped the dry cereal with his mouth. Then he set the cup down to eat with his fingers. I went back to work in the kitchen. Bad decision. I heard a clattering and saw that he had dumped the cup on the counter and was sliding his hand back and forth knocking the cereal to the ground. So I took the cereal away.
Then, silly me, I gave it back to him in a suction bowl. My only defense is that he was eating a few I missed so I thought he'd do better if it were in a different vessel. Wrong. He peeled the suction bowl off the counter and dumped it directly on the floor.
Silly me again, he still seemed interested in eating the pieces I picked up off the floor, so I took him out of the kitchen tower and set him on the floor. He could do double duty and clean up for me while eating snack. Yeah, no. He smeared his hand through the crispies, then stepped on them on purpose crunching them up. So much for cleaning up. I scooped up as many as I could (seriously, how did this many rice crispies fit into such a tiny cup?) and then got out the broom. Jaron wanted to sweep them up himself of course, and had a meltdown that I wouldn't let him hold the big broom.
I wonder how much of this mess would've been avoided if there had been milk in the bowl holding them all together?
Aw, who am I kidding? Then I'd have had milk to clean up too! 😂
No comments:
Post a Comment