Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Deodorant

G used to make his own deodorant. He only stopped because it was messy to scoop it out of a container and apply it under the arms. That didn't sound appealing to me either. I wondered if we could reuse our empty deodorant stick containers. 

I tried that in a past experiment. The only way the plastic ones work is if you leave some deodorant in the bottom before any holes appear, otherwise the liquid deodorant runs right out the bottom. 

So we bought deodorant for a while. Then we found some cardboard deodorant tubes from that company. I bet those could be refilled! 

We had some jar deodorant in the bathroom drawer, so today I pulled them out and set them on this ancient heating pad I keep in the craft room. Worked like a charm to melt them! 

We had enough empty deodorant sticks around to fill. 

And voila! Homemade deodorant able to be applied cleanly! 

I wonder if G will notice a difference in the store bought vs ours... 🤔

No comments:

Post a Comment