Monday, September 7, 2026

Got Cabbage?

It's absolutely amazing to me how God provides.

Here I was, subtly lamenting how little produce our garden was producing this year (although also thankful for the lighter workload), telling myself it would be a good year to eat down what we have in the fruit room. 

Then G comes home from the garden center with this: 


His boss/coworker went to an Amish produce auction and came back with humongous quantities of veggies, all at very cheap prices (sold in bulk). Cabbage, cucumbers, beets, green beans, potatoes, sweet corn. 

What was I saying about that lighter workload? 😅 

We plugged in an extra fridge out in the garage and loaded it with cabbage. The heads are so massive only 20 fit. 


This is the entire fridge portion of the appliance. 😂I was able to fill the door with apples, so it's not just cabbage in there. 

G ate the last of my homemade sauerkraut, so I'm due to make more. These will keep for a long time in cold storage, so we'll be able to pull from them for months. If they get a little gross or wilted, just peel off the outer layer!

No comments:

Post a Comment