Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Goat Milk Tomato Basil Soup

I am not a tomato soup fan but there is one recipe I do enjoy. I've never made it for myself before and I wonder if I wrote down the ingredients incorrectly. 

One cup of tomatoes with two quarts of dairy? Seems a bit imbalanced. As you can see, the soup doesn't look very tomato-y. 

It also got too hot which made the milk curdle. All in all, not the best. I served it to our Japanese students and they actually liked it! 

As a side, I made grilled cheese with the leftover  home milled flour focaccia bread. 

On the second serving of the soup, I used my immersion blender to blend up the soup (chat GPT suggestion), and surprisingly it broke up the curdled milk and made it very creamy. 

The leftovers went into the freezer and sometime in the future I think I'll turn them into a pasta sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment