Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Goat Milk Ice Cream Take Two!

I borrowed an ice cream maker KitchenAid attachment from a friend of mine so I could continue using up my goat milk. 

The recipe: 
4 cups of milk
1 tablespoon vanilla paste (I used regular vanilla)
1/4-1/2 cup maple syrup (I used 1/4c)
6 egg yolks
Blend everything in a blender and then pour into ice cream maker.

I also added a cup of cream I had skimmed off the top of milk we had collected over the week. 


The ice cream maker is super easy to use: Put the bowl in the freezer 24h ahead of time (she did this so it'd be ready to go for me). Attach the bowl to your mixer, set the dasher inside, attach the converter to the mixer shaft, turn the mixer on the stir setting and dump in your ice cream mix. 

I had trouble getting the converter to attach. My mixer is just a little too new or old for this model of ice cream maker. I was able to get it to work, but the bowl sat out and lost some of its freezing power by the time I got it to work. 

The batch did freeze, but it was pretty soft. I quickly scooped it into an ice cream pail and transferred it to the freezer, but it had begun to melt already. 

I tried another batch of the same recipe after another 24h of freezing the bowl and that one worked much better since I knew how to get the converter attached. 

We haven't tried it yet (aside from licking out the bowl 😜). Once it was at the softserve stage, I put it in the freezer to harden up a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment