Friday, September 13, 2013

Finally!

Finally.  The week is over.  It seemed like it took forever, but we made it.

Last night I had another really weird dream... this time about zombies.  All the students were super hyper today.  One of the 7th grade boys got sent back to Mr. E's room during our lab today.  I think we might have to cancel our lab for next week, just until everyone can prove that they can handle doing fun projects.  Sigh.  I really don't want to have to do that, but they're all so crazy when working in groups. 

We had volleyball practice after school today; I really didn't want to go.  Then the head coach was late, the 8th grade girls took forever to start the drill I told them to work on, one of the B squad girls had a nosebleed that I had to take care of, and then when the coach finally got to school, all the girls abandoned the drill and gathered around her, so I felt like my authority was completely undermined.  Sigh.  Okay, enough of the pity party.

Good things from today:  It's Friday.  We super-cleaned the lab table after our wet, building buoyant boats lab this afternoon.  We're at a really good part in our read-aloud book.  My students are remembering their Spanish colors really well.  I told my students about a book I read last night, and they go so excited they want me to read it aloud later this year.  The weather is finally cooling off!

No comments:

Post a Comment