Monday, September 30, 2013

It's a Monday

Ufda!  It seemed like I was not the only one who wished the weekend was longer!  All the students seemed a little droopy today.  I don't think they got much sleep this weekend. 

We have a soccer game right after school in Mankato.  Three students asked if they could ride with me to the game.  Unfortunately (or fortunately), I have an errand to run before the game, so I can't give anyone a ride there.  The library is having its annual book sale.  Woohoo!  I can get more books for our classroom!  Boy, won't the 5th graders be surprised when I bring in a huge bag of books?  Actually, I think they know me well enough by now to expect large additions to our reading corner.  I think I'll have to invest in a bigger bookshelf soon... I'm running out of room!

One of the 5th graders just came back to the classroom.  They're supposed to be having PE right now (practicing soccer).  He said one of the 8th graders booted the ball and it hit him right in the face.  Ouch!  So he came in.  After sitting in the Reading Corner for a grand total of two minutes, he asked if he could work on his math redo-s.  How cute (maybe cute is not the right word for it): he's in pain, but still wants to do his math so he doesn't have homework.

Tomorrow, Miss H. and I are on our own coaching the home volleyball game.  I hope everything goes well!  I think it will; she's a little worried that the girls will give her attitude because they don't know her.  I'm thinking the opposite; they'll listen and respect her because she's the cool, new, fun teacher.  That was me last year.  Now they know I give them homework and I don't let them slack off, so they don't like me very much.  Oh the joys of teenagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment