Monday, September 23, 2013

The Tears and Drama Afterschool Club

Sigh.  Teenage girls.  Just can't get along. 

We had a home soccer game after school today (actually, it's starting right now, so I'll keep this brief).  I told all the 5th graders to hang out in Mr. E's room, and they all brought stuff with to keep them occupied.  Only ten minutes pass before one of the 7th grade girls comes walking up to me, telling me one of the 5th grade girls was doing something she shouldn't have.... but there was more to the story, she tried telling the 5th grader to stop and then pushed her.  The 5th grader fell down, they both started yelling at each other, and then the 7th grader came to me. 

So I tried to get them to apologize, but the 5th grader wouldn't listen.  After a long conversation in my room, she still wouldn't listen.  But she calmed down.  The other girl disappeared back to Mr. E's room and I didn't get the chance to talk to her.

In other news, our Camp Omega dates may be changing.  The director called to see if we could go a few weekends early, but we have volleyball/soccer games on one day and we haven't started fundraising yet.  At our last PTL meeting, some of the 5th grade parents said that they would be willing to pay the $67 it would cost to send their 5th grader to Camp Omega instead of fundraising, but I don't know if that means we shouldn't fundraise at all or if we should still do some to pay for my registration fee and that of the other chaperone.  Sigh.

The final story I have for you is about our lovely IT guys.  They read my mind for once!  I was about to ask them to put something on my desktop so I could access student's documents (for class presentations), and I find the tool already installed on my desktop!  Of course, not everything is perfect... I still need the sound system installed, another computer set up, a cord for the electronic keyboard, a working printer, the files transferred from the old computer to the new one, and my favorite one: Windows needs to be verified in two days or all my programs won't work.  I really hope they get that one done soon. 

They are currently mad at the 3rd and 4th grade teacher because he left a note on his uninstalled interactive whiteboard for his students telling them to praise God for the technology they do have in their classroom.  The IT guys thought he was silently prodding them to speed up and do their job, so now they're mad at him, and I'm back in their good graces.  Huh.  I wonder who they'll get mad at next.

No comments:

Post a Comment