Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Relays and Sand Volleyball

The weather was finally cool enough to do our relay games!  Woohoo!  The kids had a great time running around, though Elbow Tag was a disappointment for some.  I heard from at least three students that they didn't get a chance to be it during the game, and they were sorely disappointed.  I told them sometimes life is just like that; maybe we'd have to play the game at recess so they'd get the chance then.

We were supposed to have volleyball practice after school, but the head coach forgot about it and I wasn't prepared to hold an hour and a half long practice, so I told everyone to ride the bus and we'd have practice tomorrow.  That's what we did!  I emailed the coach with a few ideas I had about practice this year and she ended up calling me after supper.  Surprisingly, she thought all my ideas were great and then she asked if I wanted to go over to the park and play sand volleyball since her team was short a player.  Sure, why not?

So I walked over.  I was only going to stay for the first set, but then I ended up sticking around for the second one.  Now they want me to come back and play next week; then I can play in the tournament next weekend.  Sounds like a plan to me!

I also made plans to sign up for a pottery class held in September and October.  It turns out you have to sign up in person, so I'm trying to figure out how to coordinate a trip to town with my registration.  Man, am I getting out in the community or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment