Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Slovakian Pen Pals

Nothing too exciting has happened today in school.  The 5th graders were still super loud.  The 8th grade girls were still snarky.  The weather was still cool in the morning and hot in the afternoon (we turned the AC on). 

Yesterday, we listened to Robert Munsch read some of his books (online of course), and the kids loved it so much, they wanted to keep listening to books!  It actually is part of the Daily 5 routine.  I haven't used it in the past, but I thought, why not?  So I looked up listening to reading online and found a TON of websites.  Wrote them on the board, 5th graders typed them in, and boom... tons of reading going on.  They were all disappointed when the round was over.

Another cool thing that's going to happen (the 5th graders don't know about this yet) has to do with writing.  A parent at our school emailed me with a request from a friend in Slovakia.  This friend is an English teacher and wants to start up a pen pal program between her class and a class in America.  Our students are the same age, so we've been exchanging emails about how this pen pal thing will work.  I can't wait to get started!

In other news, I have pottery class again tonight. And I'm going to stop at the library to see if I can find more Robert Munsch books.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment