Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Don't cry over spilled paint...

Instead of English today, we worked on our parent Christmas present (mostly because there's no other time for us to do it during the day).  We were painting our pine cones white so they'd look more like a snowman... and mine slipped out of my hands and landed on my pants.  White paint down the front.  I was wearing khakis today, so it wasn't as bad as black pants, but it was still pretty noticeable.  Surprisingly, only one person said something about it: one of the 7th grade boys. 

Ms. J wasn't in school today; her grandma is in the hospital and she needed to be with her family.  The 5th graders made her a card and stuck it on her desk.  Hopefully she is back tomorrow.

We still haven't sent the bookmarks to our pen pals.  Oh I feel so bad they won't arrive before Christmas!  Today she sent their latest letters and asked when we sent ours.  How do I tell her they're still in an envelope on my desk???  I should just do it.  But I really don't want to.  Sigh.  And once again their letters outshine ours.  Neat handwriting, cool pictures... I feel like a failure of a teacher. 

Our first cheerleading practice was today.  Nine girls in K-2nd grade are on the squad.  And they are SUPER excited to be cheerleaders.  We learned a ton of cheers and then we performed them in the gym for the basketball team that was practicing.  And then Mrs. E's son stopped by school and all the girls mobbed him and told him he had to watch them do their cheers.  And a mom came early to pick up her daughter and they all wanted to show her their cheers.  So we did.  They picked up a lot of stuff at our first practice.  I think it's kind of funny that I am a cheer coach. 

When I was in 5th or 6th grade, I tried to quit cheerleading.  My teacher wouldn't let me.  And now here I am, head coach of the cheering squad at our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment