Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Scent of Freshly Baked Cookies

Gingersnaps have been haunting me all day.

I made a batch last night to give to the 7th and 8th graders as a "Christmas present" and also for a lady at church who bought some at the Silent Auction.  She was supposed to pick them up today but forgot, so they've been tucked into a desk drawer teasing me with their delicious smell every time I sit in my desk.

There were just enough cookies so everyone in my class can have two (plus the ones for the lady from church).  But there aren't any leftovers.  So that means I have to resist the temptation until Thursday when she can come pick them up.  Sigh.  It's going to be a long week.

We have our first cheerleading practice tomorrow.  A bunch of little girls have been coming up to me all day saying, "Miss H. I get to stay after school tomorrow!  I can't wait to be a cheerleader!"  Mrs. E and I came up with a game plan after school today for our first practice.  I hope everything goes well!

It was super windy today, so we drove the whole school over to church for our program practice.  That was an adventure.  Everyone made it there and back safely!

Judging by the sounds in the gym, I think the basketball game is about to start, so I better hustle out there so I can watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment