Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Yep... still cold

Last night, the way the wind was howling I thought there was a chance school would be late.  Nope. 

I did have some trouble getting out of my house this morning.  A big drift grew in front of my porch door so I had to shove a couple times to get out.  Not that easy when I was loaded down with my teacher bag, etc.  It makes me wonder what I would do if the drift were even bigger and firmer.  Will I be able to get out of my house?  I might have to buy a shovel, just in case.  Although if I can't even get the door open, will a shovel help at all?

Highlights today: The littlest 5th grader made a basket in our recess game of SNAKE today.  Almost all our art projects for church are finished.  (Still need to figure out what they'll make for their parents' present).  Joe is sunning himself a little more- he's no longer buried under the bedding in his terrarium.  We had a lot of good discussions in history today (both 5th and 7/8th grade).  The 5th graders wanted me to keep back a few of the library books I had checked out last week so they could read them longer (the books are about colonial life/whaling, which was our topic today).

On the down side, it's still really cold out and only going to get colder!  I hear it will be -30 wind chill tomorrow morning.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment