Thursday, December 12, 2013

Notes

Last night I left school before basketball practice was over.  This morning I saw a note written on the whiteboard next to door (where they write their names when they have to use the bathroom).  It said, "Good morning! I wrote this after practice. Love L."  It made me smile.

The 2nd graders got all 20 of their tally marks, so we did a fun day today.  They did reading buddies with the 5th graders.  After reading a few books, they played hangman with words/phrases from the books. 

One of the 5th graders' brothers has a birthday today.  All this 5th grader could talk about was getting to go snowmobiling after school.  In religion, we were discussing the word aroma (how we're clothed with the aroma of Christ).  The 5th graders didn't know what it meant, so I gave them some examples of good aromas.  Of course they all wanted to name some: brownies, Mom's enchiladas... snowmobiles.  I'll give you one guess on which 5th grader said that.

We got a special delivery today.  Our Slovakian pen pals' package of Christmas presents arrived!  Woohoo!  I had to sign for it and everything.  All the things they send us are beautiful: neat handwriting, creatively drawn pictures, other cool pictures... It makes the stuff we send seem shabby.  And their Christmas presents are no different.  They sent a lot of stuff.  Some of it is glittery (and now it's coating my desk).  They sent some stickers and some little candies and some pretty bookmarks.  Each kid in our class got at least two cards.  One of the girls got four plus the stickers and some other random gifty things.  There were two cards for the boy who moved.  Ms. J got a card.  I got a card.  Even Joe got a card addressed to him! :)  Now we have to think of something really cool to send them.  Ahh! So much pressure!

I'm trying to decide whether I should pass them out tomorrow or wait until our Christmas party.  I think I'm going to wait.  But... maybe if I show them what the pen pals sent, the 5th graders will be more careful with the bookmarks they're making.  Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment