Thursday, December 5, 2013

Two Hours Late

Last night, I peeked out the window and didn't see much snow.  I figured school would be business as usual.  The alarm went off this morning and I saw that I had a voicemail on my phone from last night.  New Ulm was already two hours late, but since Nicollet was still on time, I had to go in at the normal time.

All but one of my students ride the New Ulm bus.  So I had one student in my classroom for an hour or so, and then another showed up (her mom dropped her off) and then another (his dad dropped him off), and finally the bus arrived and we had all 4 students.

It was crazy! Everyone had so much trouble focusing.  One girl did buckle down and get everything done.  She said her memory work (all 4 verses plus the commandment and meaning), finished an art project, started another art project, and shoveled the sidewalk.  On the other hand, I had another student who only finished two things in the two hours she was at school.  Sigh.

At our staff meeting, one of the teachers who has a child at MVL said her daughter texted her that school at MVL is already two hours late.  And where MVL goes, the rest of New Ulm Public is bound to follow.  Will we have a repeat of today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment